2015 Data Breaches - Breach Level Index Report
In 2015, data breaches got much more personal than in previous years. While cybercriminals made headlines stealing credit card data and financial information in 2013 and 2014, the theft of personal information and identities took center stage in 2015.
Gemalto's Breach Level Index tracked the publicly disclosed breaches from around the world, and this report presents the 2015 key findings.
You'll want to read this report if you're interested in learning:
- The rate at which data records were lost and/or stolen in 2015
- The industries that improved the most from 2014 in terms of breach incidents as well as those that were most impacted by 2015 breaches
- The leading sources of data breaches
- The types of data the cyber attacks compromised
- The areas around the globe that suffered the most data breaches
- What all of the above means for data security going forward